More About Limestone Creek Pecans
History of Our Farm
The land on which we grow pecans was originally part of the Creek Indian nation. It was ceded to the U.S. govenment in 1821 with the Treaty of Indian Springs. Alexander Dan Wells purchased this land at the mouth of Limestone Creek as it empties into the Flint River (and now Lake Blackshear) in the 1890's and it has nurtured our family for 6 generations.
The farm's original orchards were planted in the early 1920's. Throughout most of its history the farm has produced primarily peanuts, cotton, and watermelons, along with pecans. We began expanding the pecan acreage in 2005 and continue to do so today.